CPRE Housing Plan Meeting Follow-up
Many villagers are concerned about the overdevelopment of East Hoathly & Halland that is proposed in the Wealden Local Plan (WLP). If you’re not familiar with its content then take a look at it here or the link below:
What emerges as WDC’s (Wealden District Council) current preferred option is 190 houses for East Hoathly (50% growth) and 30 houses for Halland (23% growth). But beware: right now, Land owners have an opportunity to offer land for development by themselves or to sell on to developers. Vast profits are involved.
Wealden does not yet have a local plan or a 5year land supply so it would be difficult for Wealden to turn down a Planning Application at this stage. The numbers for new houses may grow.
Included here are sites offered in East Hoathly and Halland. They are currently being assessed by WDC and may or not be accepted for development.
What can you do now?
- Keep informed and be aware of alternative views. Here is a response on the WLP from CPRE:
Also Attached is the Power Point presentation given by the CPRE.
- Make your opinions known on this unprecedented. over-development to key players in Parish Council, WDC, Government. Note Parish Council are only consultees, not policy makers. This is top down Policy. See included useful contact information.
- Log any existing problems with infrastructure. Schools, Doctors, Utilities, Traffic in the villages (Take photos), commuting traffic.
- Note any wildlife issues
- Tell other people what is happening. A lot of people are still unaware.
- Follow the discussions of the Wealden Local Plan sub committee.
Below are the image slides used by the CPRE during the meeting.
Here is a key committee and indicates development of thinking on the local plan:
This link gives details of meeting held on April 20th 2016 and Agenda and notes for meeting on June 8th 2016.
Wealden District Planning Policy Team
Planning Policy Manager Marina Brigginshaw
All committee meetings agendas ,minutes and webcasts can be viewed at Wealden District Council /Council/council meetings and agendas
Members Of Parliament
Government Document National Planning Policy Framework NPPF
Wealden District Councillor for EHH Barby Dashwood-Morris 01323844374
East Sussex County Councillor for EHH Nick Bennett 01825733328